Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Rattles

I came up with the idea for the wood baby rattle after my wife became pregnant.  I was looking for some ideas of toys online that I could make for my son and stumbled upon rattles made from one solid piece of wood.

I made a few like what I found online; long handle on one end and two rattles on the other.  It was a good design but when my son was really young (2 months old or so) he would hit himself in the head or in the eye.  So I came up with the design of one rattle on top and bottom and the handle in the middle.  I call them baby dumbbells or baby shake weights rattles.

First Design

7 Months

I am in the process of making as many baby rattles as I can.  I am shooting for 7 or 8 rattles a week.  Once I build up my selection I am going to start selling then in a few local stores.

My selection so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment